MONROE, La., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced that its recycling sites collected, securely shredded and recycled more than 3.5 million pounds of paper in 2013 – saving the equivalent of almost 30,000 trees. In addition to paper, CenturyLink's program recycles a wide range of materials, including metal reels, copper-based materials, precious metals and electronics.
"CenturyLink's recycling program is one of many programs designed to lessen our impact on the environment," said Jennifer Scarpino, CenturyLink's director of environmental health and safety/business continuity. "We accomplish this through environmental health and safety management programs, collaborative solutions, resources and waste management, technological transformation and climate preparedness."
Additional CenturyLink environmental initiatives and achievements include:
- Development of targets to reduce direct (exhaust) CO2e by 20 percent by 2024 and indirect (electricity) by terabyte of throughput by 25 percent by 2024.
- Participation in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star 3.0's Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement.
- Installation of Bloom Energy fuel cells to generate up to 500 kilowatts of clean, reliable power for one of CenturyLink's California data centers.
- Receipt of the Certified Energy Efficient Data Center Silver Award for the CenturyLink Technology Services LO3 London Docklands data center.
Additional information on these initiatives can be found in the company's 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility brochure.About CenturyLink CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com. Logo- http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090602/DA26511LOGO SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV