- The Company has adopted a policy to separate the roles of Chairman of the Board and CEO following the tenure of the current Chairman and CEO, in accordance with shareholder requests.
- The Company also adopted a policy limiting severance payments to 2.99 times an executive's salary and bonus, formalizing an initiative already implemented in the employment agreements of the CEO and CFO.
- The Company has instituted a proxy access policy allowing eligible shareholders to include director nominees with those nominated by the Board in the Company's proxy materials. Any shareholder owning five percent of the Company's shares for at least three consecutive years following the Company's 2014 annual general meeting is eligible. The Company will review this policy in three years and consider lowering the ownership threshold in light of prevailing practices of other S&P 500 companies and discussions with shareholders.
- The Company plans to ask shareholders to approve an advisory vote to extend its shareholder rights plan at its 2014 annual general meeting.
- The Company implemented a policy requiring public announcement of the Board's reasoning if any director resignations tendered pursuant to its director resignation policy are not accepted.
- The Company has clarified in its governance guidelines that the Lead Director may add agenda items for Board meetings and that the Board includes gender in its diversity considerations.
Nabors Announces Further Changes To Corporate Governance And Compensation Practices
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts