HOUSTON, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Goodrich Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: GDP) today announced the completion of its Blades 33H-1 (66.7% WI) well in Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana. The well has achieved a peak 24-hour average production rate to date of 1,270 barrels of oil equivalent ("BOE") per day, comprised of 1,250 barrels of oil and 115 Mcf of gas on a 14/64 inch choke from an approximate 5,000 foot lateral. The well landed in the Company's lower target, was drilled and completed under budget and was fracked with 20 stages using composite plugs that were drilled out prior to flow back. The Company's completion methodology was slightly modified from previously completed wells. The well was drilled on a portion of the 185,000 net acres acquired in August 2013 and is approximately 48 miles southeast from the Company operated Crosby 12H-1 well in Wilkinson County, Mississippi and five miles east of a horizontal well previously drilled on the acquired acreage.
The Company has drilled its C.H. Lewis 30-19H-1 (81.4% WI) well in Amite County, Mississippi in 36 days, with approximately 6,600 feet of usable lateral. The well landed in the Company's lower target and has 26 planned frac stages using the Company's modified completion design. Fracking operations are expected to commence by the end of April.
The Company is currently drilling the Nunnery 12-1H-1 (91.2% WI) well in Amite County Mississippi, the Beech Grove 94H-1 (66.7% WI) well in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana and the SLC, Inc. 81H-1 (66.7% WI) well in West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. All wells are planned to be drilled in the lower target with a minimum of 6,000 foot laterals and use the modified completion design.
The Company has in excess of 300,000 net acres and three rigs running currently in the play, with the plan to go to five rigs by the end of the year pending continued success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV