THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Aegon and BPVH - a foundation representing Dutch harbor workers and employers - reached an agreement on removing restrictions on the capital of the harbor workers' former pension fund Optas.
This agreement ends a dispute that began when the Optas pension fund was transformed into an insurance company that was subsequently acquired by Aegon in 2007.Aegon and BPVH have agreed to jointly file a request with a Dutch court to remove the restriction on the capital of Optas. Upon the court granting this request, Aegon will make a payment of EUR 80 million to BPVH, as well as offer harbor workers more favorable pension conditions. In addition, over the coming years Aegon will contribute up to EUR 20 million to help mitigate the effect of an announced reduction in the tax-free pension allowance in the Netherlands.
Media relations Aegon Robin Boon +31(0)70-344-8956 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor relations Aegon Willem van den Berg +31(0)70-344-8305 email@example.com Stichting BPVH Niek Stam +31(0)6-22998138 SOURCE Aegon and BPVH
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV