CINCINNATI, April 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) said today it has recalled Private Selection Sweet Strawberry Sorbet sold at the company's Kroger and Jay C stores in 13 states because the product may contain milk not listed on the label.
People who are allergic to milk could have a severe reaction if they consume this product. For consumers who are not allergic to milk, there is no safety issue with the product.
Two Kroger customers have reported a possible allergic reaction in connection with this product. Out of an abundance of caution, Kroger has recalled Private Selection Sweet Strawberry Sorbet, sold in 16 fluid ounce packages with a code date of Aug 11, 2015 and UPC 11110 52108, due to a potential presence of a milk allergen.
Included in this recall are Kroger and Jay C stores in the following states only: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia (along the Ohio border).Not included in this recall are Kroger stores in the company's Southwest division, which includes the states of Louisiana and Texas; and Kroger stores in the company's Mid-Atlantic division, which includes stores in North Carolina, eastern West Virginia and Virginia. Customers in the impacted states should return the product to stores for a full refund or replacement. What Kroger is doing Kroger has removed potentially affected items from store shelves and initiated its customer recall notification system that alerts customers who may have purchased recalled Class 1 products through register receipt tape messages and phone calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV