10 Cheapest Major League Baseball Tickets In 2014
MLB ticket prices average $27.93 this year, according to Team Marketing Report. It's the lower side of that average that concerns us: The one where a ticket to the ballgame costs as little as the price of two beers in some of the league's more expensive parks. At worst, Major League Baseball's top-money tickets can fetch an average of $50 or more. That's before you get into the ballpark, where the smallest size of the cheapest beer in the place goes for what you'd pay for a six-pack of IPA anywhere outside the stadium.
An average MLB ticket goes formore than half the price of an average NBA ticket ($52.50), slightly less than half the cost of a ticket to an NHL game ($61.82) and well below the price you'd spend on any given Sunday in the NFL ($81.54). That doesn't mean MLB is an all-around discount, but it's still a great deal for folks outside of its larger markets. So what if it's also 2% higher than it was last year? There are still 15 teams in the league with average ticket prices less than $25.
We scanned the league and found 10 cities where the average Major League Baseball ticket price is not only cheap but, in four cities, will get you some change back if you hand the folks at the ticket booth a $20 bill:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV