NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- UPDATE: I posted this article over the weekend. It's worth reposting because, according to elusive but very real people close to the situation, I might be onto something here. While a live video content streaming strategy at Yahoo! (YHOO) might not materialize exactly the way I predict, something's up. The power of the space is not lost on Marissa Mayer.
It's not coincidence that Yahoo! Screen will host another show this evening. Like the One Direction concert a few months back (and I am sure there have been others I have just missed in the interim), this one receives top promotional billing on the Yahoo! homepage and likely helps gauge the potential for moving deeper into the live music experience.
For context, see last week's Potentially Disappointing News For Yahoo!, which David Carr regurgitated Monday, while dropping names and reminding us how long he has been covering media, in The New York Times.
Anyhow, click to Page Two for musings from Saturday that could become an exciting cornerstone of Yahoo!'s thus far underwhelming video strategy ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV