NASA To Provide Live Coverage And Commentary Of April 15 Lunar Eclipse
WASHINGTON, April 11, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The public will have the opportunity to view and learn more about the Tuesday, April 15 total lunar eclipse on NASA television, the agency's website, and social media. Coverage begins at 2 a.m. EDT and will last about three hours. The eclipse's peak, when the moon will enter the Earth's full shadow or umbra, will occur at 3:45 a.m.
The United States will be in a prime orbital position and time of day to view the eclipse. Depending on local weather conditions, the public will get a spectacular view looking into the sky as the moon's appearance will change from bright orange to blood red to dark brown and perhaps gray. The eclipse is a phenomenon that occurs when the Earth, moon and sun are in perfect alignment, blanketing the moon in the Earth's shadow. The United States will not be able to witness a full lunar eclipse in its entirety again until 2019.
Leading up to the eclipse, NASA will host a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) on Monday, April 14 at 2 p.m. with astronomers from the agency's Marshall Space Flight Center. Various NASA researchers also will be available for media interviews. NASA Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Instagram followers will be able to join the conversation and ask questions using the hashtag #eclipse.
The public will be able to tag and share their images of the eclipsed moon on Instagram and on the agency's Flickr group at:https://www.flickr.com/groups/nasalunareclipse Lunar eclipse video resources are available at: http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/Gallery/2014TotalLunarEclipse.html Live NASA TV coverage and commentary will begin at 1 a.m. To view the coverage and access eclipse streaming video, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv For more information on NASA's eclipse activities, visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV