Trina Solar (TSL) Falling In After-Hours Activity
- TSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.6 million.
- TSL is down 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSL: Trina Solar Limited, an integrated solar-power products manufacturer, engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of photovoltaic (PV) modules worldwide. The company provides mono- and multi-crystalline silicon ingots, wafers, cells, and related products. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Trina Solar a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trina Solar has been 5.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trina Solar has a market cap of $974.8 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trina Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 117.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 292.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 16.82%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSL's net profit margin of 2.94% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.26 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, TSL has a quick ratio of 0.65, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Trina Solar Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV