Today's Post-Market Loser: JinkoSolar (JKS)
- JKS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.6 million.
- JKS is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JKS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JKS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JKS: JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, engages in designing, developing, producing, and marketing photovoltaic products in the People's Republic of China and internationally. JKS has a PE ratio of 11.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate JinkoSolar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for JinkoSolar has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JinkoSolar has a market cap of $807.9 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are down 5.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JinkoSolar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JKS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 102.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 116.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 663.11% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO is rather low; currently it is at 24.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JKS's net profit margin of 7.34% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.68 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.49, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full JinkoSolar Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.