NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of media and Internet company IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI - Get Report) are up 3.85% to $71.00 after it recently bought an additional 10% of Tinder from venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya for $500 million, sources say, Bloomberg reports.
That values Tinder Inc., a mobile-dating site with 10 million daily users, at $5 billion, compared with IAC's $5.57 billion market capitalization.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 91.30% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 60.08% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IACI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- IAC/INTERACTIVECORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, IAC/INTERACTIVECORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.27 versus $1.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $3.27).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 88.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.74 million to $76.92 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, IAC/INTERACTIVECORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IACI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts