3 Stocks Pulling The Utilities Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, AES Corporation ( AES) is down $0.27 (-1.9%) to $14.16 on average volume. Thus far, 2.4 million shares of AES Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $14.13-$14.47 after having opened the day at $14.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.43. The AES Corporation operates as a diversified power generation and utility company. It owns and/or operates power plants to generate and sell power to customers, such as utilities, industrial users, and other intermediaries. AES Corporation has a market cap of $10.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate AES Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AES Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Get the full AES Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts