GG, MRO And NEM, 3 Basic Materials Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, Marathon Oil ( MRO) is down $0.32 (-0.9%) to $35.08 on average volume. Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.99-$35.54 after having opened the day at $35.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.40. Marathon Oil Corporation operates as an energy company worldwide. The company's North America Exploration and Production segment explores for, produces, and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas in North America. Marathon Oil has a market cap of $24.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Marathon Oil a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marathon Oil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts