So far, 4.29 million shares have traded hands on Friday afternoon, compared to the mining company's three month average of 1.27 million shares.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- TC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 16.79% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 56.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$484.40 million to -$210.50 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, THOMPSON CREEK METALS CO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.92 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TC's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.63 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- THOMPSON CREEK METALS CO INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, THOMPSON CREEK METALS CO INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.28 versus -$3.24 in the prior year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TC Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV