Shares of Google were falling 1.1% to $535.02.
On Tuesday, April 15, for one day only, Google will put the $1,500 Google Glass Explorer Edition on sale for anyone in the U.S. who's willing to pay for the device. Previously, those interested in buying Google Glass had to wait for an invitation to the Explorer Edition from Google or a friend who already has the device. The one-day sale will be the biggest expansion of the Explorer program yet.
The sale begins at 6 a.m. PST Tuesday on the Google Glass page. The sale will run until all of the limited open spots in the Explorer program are filled.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GOOGLE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GOOGLE INC (GOOGL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GOOGL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although GOOGL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.06 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.28, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2,886.00 million to $3,376.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5,238.00 million or 12.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GOOGLE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.60%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GOOGL Ratings Report
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts