NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- EPAM Systems (EPAM) shares are up 6.2% to $32.74 in trading on Friday.
The jump follows the company's announcement that it expects its first quarter 2014 earnings results to be ahead of the high end of their guidance for the quarter.
The global IT service provider is set to release its earnings report on April 30.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 20.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- EPAM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.83, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- EPAM SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 18.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EPAM SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.28 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus $1.28).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the IT Services industry average. The net income increased by 25.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.00 million to $18.76 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $46.43 million or 29.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.47%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EPAM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV