By midmorning, shares had plummeted 30.7% to $14.34.
The data analysis software developer said it expects revenue between $7.8 million and $8 million for its March-ending quarter, less than an average $8.61 million from analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
Chelmsford, Mass.-based Datawatch expects adjusted net losses between $3.1 million and $3.3 million compared to profits of $389,000 in the year-ago quarter."We are disappointed in the 14%-17% year over year revenue growth performance in our second fiscal quarter this year, which fell short of our expectations," said CEO Michael A. Morrison in a statement. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The revenue shortfall was partially due to more than $1.5 million in license revenue being shifted out of the quarter on timing issues related to the closing of several accounts. The company said it has already closed several of the outstanding accounts in the first few days of April, accounting for one-quarter of revenue which shifted out of the second quarter. "While we are dissatisfied with these preliminary results for the second fiscal quarter, we are confident that the organizational and execution issues have been appropriately addressed," added Morrison. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV