Morgan Stanley analyst John Egbert upgraded the social and mobile game publisher to "equal-weight" from "underweight." The analyst said the upgrade it largely due to the "long await" launch of FarmVille 2: Country Escape. The mobile game recently soft launched in Canada and Australia on the iPhone, and Egbert believes it could be a Top 20 grossing app when it comes to the U.S. App Store.
Looking at the company's numbers, the Egbert wrote, ""We think Zynga will reaffirm 2014E guidance and likely exit CQ4:14E at 50%+ Y/Y organic bookings growth."
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $7.73 million or 60.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.84%. Regardless of ZNGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZNGA's net profit margin of -14.31% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 43.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- ZNGA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZNGA Ratings Report