Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
Twitter is down -1.4% to $40.76 in pre-market trading on Friday.
Analysts cite a pull back in valuation and new ad formatting as a reason for the upgrade. Still, Cantor Fitzgerald sees Facebook as the top stock in the sector.
"To be sure, we still favor Facebook, which is a 2014 top pick for us; that said, a combination of a positive read into 1Q 2014 results, the imminent launch of several new ad formats to drive monetization, and a pullback in valuation make us less negative on the name," Cantor Fitzgerald said.
"Given its ~100% annual revenue growth, Twitter remains positioned as an ideal play on continued secular growth in mobile and social ad spending, particularly as high-value brand ad dollars transition to the Internet," the note continued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV