SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today unveiled Salesforce Tower, dramatically expanding its worldwide headquarters in San Francisco. Salesforce Tower is currently under construction by Boston Properties and Hines above the new Transbay Transit Center, adjacent to salesforce.com offices at 50 Fremont St. and 350 Mission St. in San Francisco. Salesforce.com will lease more than half of the 1.4 million square foot building, adding more than 700,000 square feet to its urban campus. The world's fastest growing top 10 software company also expects to hire more than 1,000 people in the Bay Area this year, expanding its footprint as San Francisco's largest tech employer.
Comments on the news
- "Salesforce Tower represents an incredible milestone in our company's history—it will be the heart of our global headquarters in San Francisco," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "We founded salesforce.com in San Francisco 15 years ago and this expansion of our urban campus represents our commitment to growing in the city."
- "I am proud and excited to be a part of this historic moment as we welcome salesforce.com to the Transbay neighborhood and to their iconic future home in the Innovation Capital of the World," said Mayor Ed Lee. "Salesforce.com is a tremendous partner to our City and our residents, bringing thousands of new jobs to San Francisco and solidifying the Transbay District as a leading destination for innovative companies. I want to thank Marc Benioff and salesforce.com for their commitment to start here, stay here and grow here in San Francisco and I can't wait to see Salesforce Tower added to our world famous skyline."
- "We are pleased that salesforce.com will be our anchor tenant at Salesforce Tower—a building that will have a transformative impact on the San Francisco skyline. We are committed to making Salesforce Tower the most important business address in San Francisco," said Mort Zuckerman, executive chairman, Boston Properties.
Salesforce Tower —The Hub of Salesforce.com's Urban Campus in the Transbay District Salesforce.com, the world's #1 CRM platform and a $4B market leader, will be the anchor tenant at Salesforce Tower, leasing more than half of the 61 story building located at 415 Mission St. Salesforce Tower will serve as the hub of salesforce.com's urban campus, which spans a number of locations in downtown San Francisco and is expected to exceed 2 million square feet by 2017.
Salesforce Tower will feature a next-generation Executive Briefing Center (EBC) to showcase salesforce.com's innovative platform and applications. The EBC will deliver an interactive, hands-on experience that brings the Salesforce1 Platform to life—from smartphones and wearable devices to connected toothbrushes and cars. Visitors will learn firsthand how to run their business from their phone, connect their products in the Internet of Things and connect with customers in a whole new way.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV