NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of H&R Block Inc. (HRB) are up 6.79% to $30.35 in pre-market trade after the tax preparation and banking services company said it would sell its bank unit to BofI Federal Bank.
BofI Holding, Inc. (BOFI) is a holding company for BofI Federal Bank. Their shares jumped 11.84% to $83.25 overnight.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$627.95 million or 15.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BLOCK H & R INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -135.67%.
- HRB, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 57.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1112.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$17.71 million to -$214.71 million.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.60 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, HRB has a quick ratio of 0.54, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HRB Ratings Report
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV