- Responsible business approach strengthened within human rights and sales compliance, responsible sourcing and anti-corruption
- Improvements in the company's activities and products with regard to energy, environment and climate change: Psi coverage solution and Radio Dot System are two innovative products improving coverage with reduced energy footprint
- Milestones for Technology for Good programs: First wave of Connect To Learn students graduate in 2013 and refugee connection platform extended to address Syrian refugee crisis
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has published its 21 st Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility report summarizing its performance during 2013. Highlights include: a solidified approach to responsible business including rigorous compliance processes; energy efficient solutions from the company's product portfolio; and extended reach in providing access to communication for all, including refugees and students in remote areas.
Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson, says: "Sustainability is increasingly integrated into our business strategy. I firmly believe that our commitment to sustainability and CR enhances our competitiveness, and the actions we take today will enable positive business outcomes in the future."
From the perspective of responsible business, Ericsson is the first in the industry to conduct a full human rights impact assessment in line with the new United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. The assessment in Myanmar resulted in prioritized action areas but also helped to create a solid foundation that is now operational with recently-won business in the country.In light of recent international developments related to Iran, Ericsson has decided not to phase out equipment deliveries. The intention is to engage with customers. At the same time the Sales Compliance Board decided to conduct a new Human Rights Impact Assessment based on this foundation. The emphasis on conducting business responsibly takes a full value chain perspective. It begins with supply chain and extends through Ericsson's own operations including the sales process, where the sales compliance board examined more than 200 cases during 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV