Four-wheel drive is only available with the larger 295 horsepower 3.6 liter V6. The standard engine is the 2.4 liter four-cylinder with 185 horsepower. Fuel economy is relatively typical for the latest non-electrified/hybrid cars of this class today: 23 miles per gallon city and 36 mpg highway for the four-cylinder, but falls to 19/32 for the six-cylinder versions. Four-wheel drive drops those to 18/29.
If you are not looking for a diesel, hybrid or some form of plug-in car -- in this size and price segment -- I think the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 rises to the top of the game. While I prefer the plush suspension of the Ford Fusion, it pales in importance to the richness and ease-of-use of Chrysler's class-leading interior.
Unless you have too big of a problem with the front seat comfort or frequently have passengers too tall to fit comfortably in the back seat, it is hard not to recommend the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200. The center stack controls, overall luxury and tasteful design of the interior, plus availability of four-wheel drive, make it a top pick among conventional gasoline engine cars in this price range.
There is a new king in the volume midsize sedan competitive game, and his name is Chrysler 200. This is a great example of going from dead last in the class to becoming the leader. America is a country of upward mobility and now it's just a matter of the reputation to catch up.
Chrysler's most important and iconic car is the Town & Country minivan. It is one of my absolute favorite cars of all time. Driving the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 makes me optimistic for what we can expect of the all-new Town & Country that shouldn't be more than a year away. Sign me up!At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @antonwahlman This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV