Luxury Label Launched After-Hours Could Shed Its Manhattan Apartment Skin
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Chic yet street" is how Jason Stalvey describes the designs in his fledgling luxury accessory collection, and chic they are: duffel bags, baseball hats, camera straps -- all made of luxe, exotic skins. Blankets made of female mink and trimmed in black matte alligator. Prices ranging from $2,000 to $25,000.
Luxe indeed, but Stalvey is a newcomer to the fashion industry, entering the flamboyant world of runways and fashion showrooms by the atypical route of a science and medical background.
Nor was his inspiration typical. Stalvey's journey began with his own search for the perfect alligator duffel bag. A must for everyone, no?"When you live in New York City, you need a bag to carry around gym clothes," says Stalvey, a South Carolina native who lives in New York City. But really, his story traces back a little bit further. Stalvey describes himself as someone who has always been keen on nice bags, and as a child had a habit of storing items in very unique and very proper containers. "I was always that kid who kept things compartmentalized," Stalvey says. "I had a special container for my Crayolas. Everything was completely organized. I had antique boxes. Toys had their own compartments. I was always organized and detail oriented."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV