Diamondback Energy (FANG) Lags In After-Hours Trading
- FANG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.0 million.
- FANG is down 3.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FANG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FANG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FANG: Diamondback Energy, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, focuses on the acquisition, development, exploration, and exploitation of onshore oil and natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin in West Texas. FANG has a PE ratio of 50.9. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Diamondback Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Diamondback Energy has been 912,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Diamondback Energy has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 28.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Diamondback Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FANG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 194.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DIAMONDBACK ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DIAMONDBACK ENERGY INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.26 versus -$1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $1.26).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, DIAMONDBACK ENERGY INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.54, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.45 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Diamondback Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts