SAN FRANCISCO, April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the leading global owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, today published a global research paper titled, "The Growth of Logistics Real Estate: An Analysis of Demand by Leading Customer Industries."
The report's key finding shows demand for industrial real estate continues to be diverse, with many industries expanding. The company's research team focuses its analysis on three areas:
- First, consumer-facing customers, the largest industry concentration within logistics, comprised the largest share of leasing activity last year;
- Second, several sectors experienced strong growth, including electronics, housing, auto, and e-commerce; and
- Third, the paper highlights third party logistics (3PL) providers, who will be a source of growth going forward.
"The outlook for the growth of customer businesses and logistics demand is strong," said Chris Caton, vice president and head, Prologis Research. "In fact, decision-making surrounding new leases clearly improved in the past year. Customers are increasingly recognizing the opportunity to lock in current rates ahead of further rate increases given today's low vacancy rates, modest supply pipelines, and upward trend in replacement costs."
The complete report is available online only in the Research section at www.prologis.com.Prologis Research monitors, analyzes and reports on key trends and dynamics in both real estate and supply chain management to provide customers, investors and the general public with insight from a global perspective.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts