NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Google (GOOG) will begin selling its much-anticipated Google Glass on April 15, the company said on Thursday. Yet, it's for a limited time only.
"On April 15th at 9am EDT, you'll have a limited time chance to join the Explorer Program. Sign up below for a reminder to purchase or come back on April 15th at 9am EDT," Google said.
The price of Google Glass is $1,500 plus taxes, and it's available only for a limited time, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
"To discover new places, sometimes we need to leave the map behind. And that's what Glass Explorers do. They are the first to make, to tinker, to create, to shape, and to share through Glass," the company added.Google said it is expanding and experimenting with its Glass product as it embarks on mainstream marketing efforts. If you are a U.S. resident over the age of 18, you can register here for Google's Glass launch. -- Written by Antoine Gara in New York Follow @AntoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV