NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Deutsche Bank AG (DB) are down -2.7% to 44.00 following a report earlier today that the bank placed a London-based currency sales employee on leave last month for inappropriate communication with the Monetary Authority of Singapore, sources told Bloomberg.
The bank had received requests for information from regulators investigating currency trading and said it is cooperating.
Authorities are investigating if traders at some major banks sought to manipulate foreign-exchange benchmarks.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, DEUTSCHE BANK AG's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- DB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 63.02% to -$4,448.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 63.02%, DEUTSCHE BANK AG is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 119.00%.
- The gross profit margin for DEUTSCHE BANK AG is currently very high, coming in at 72.98%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -15.42% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DB Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV