NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- T-Mobile TMUS announced a new promotion that will cut the price of LTE tablets and offer free data for tablets through the end of 2014.
T-Mobile stock was falling 2.9% to $30.78.
The new promotion, called Operation Tablet Freedom, offers LTE tablets for the same price as Wi-Fi tablet, cutting prices by up to $130. Under the new promotion an entry-level LTE iPad Air would cost $499 instead of $629. The promotion also offers 1GB of free LTE data each month through the end of 2014.
The caveat to the deal is it's only available to T-Mobile smartphone customers. Those who want the free data options will also have to pay for phone service through the carrier.Operation Tablet Feature is the second of three "Un-carrier" announcements T-Mobile has planned for the week. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV