Chesapeake Energy will issue floating-rate senior notes due 2019, and fixed-rate senior notes maturing in 2022 and 2026. The Oklahoma City-based company will use net proceeds from the record offering to repay an existing unsecured term loan, redeem is note due in 2018, and buy some of its notes due in 2015. The rest of the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,053.00 million or 20.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.34%.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.68 versus -$1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.84 versus $0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 138.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $300.00 million to -$116.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.29%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.55% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHK Ratings Report