WELLESLEY, Mass., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. business group of Sun Life Financial Inc. (NYSE: SLF, TSX: SLF) will host its 2014 "Sun Life Wake Up Summit" on Wednesday, April 16, focused on private health insurance exchanges and the potential changes to the employee benefits landscape. The event will bring valuable information to insurance brokers, human resource (HR) professionals and employers on a rapidly emerging way to provide health insurance to employees.
The Sun Life Summit will feature renowned healthcare and economic experts who hold diverse views on private exchanges, providing a balanced debate on the topic by offering a range of perspectives. The live and digital event will provide a unique platform for these experts to discuss the pros and cons of private exchanges and the future of employee benefits.
Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, authors of best-selling books Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics, will deliver the keynote address and Fox News' Juan Williams will moderate two panel discussions that will feature leaders of private exchanges, healthcare professionals, a medical economist, and a sociobiologist.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDTWHERE: Live: Sun Life Stadium2269 NW 199 th Street Miami Gardens, FL 33056 Online: www.sunlife.com/wakeup WHAT: Sun Life 2014 Wake Up Summit
- A Public Debate on Private Exchanges | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET Leading private exchanges in the country debate the pros and cons of different models and where the future of private exchanges is going.- Shannon P. Alfonso, President of Seitlin, Florida Region- Alan Cohen, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder of Liazon- Rob Harkins, VP, Private Exchanges, Willis Human Capital Practice - Mike McDonald, Principal of Mercer Health & Benefits
- Six Months In: How Healthy is Health Care Reform? | 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET Health care experts discuss the growth of private exchanges and how they have the potential to change the employee benefits landscape. - Vincent Capozzi, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing at Harvard Pilgrim- Rebecca Costa, Sociobiologist and Author of The Watchman's Rattle- Shan Fowler , Director of Marketplaces at Benefitfocus- J.D. Kleinke, Medical Economist and Health Care Information Entrepreneur
- Freakonomics Meets Benefits | 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET Best-selling authors of the Freakonomics series apply their theories to the health benefits system and decision-making in a changing marketplace.- Steven D. Levitt, Co-Author of Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics- Stephen J. Dubner, Co-Author of Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV