NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Exactly how long does it take to watch all 552 episodes of The Simpsons? Clear your schedule: 17,280 minutes, 288 hours or 12 days.
That's what Simpsons fans are in, for if they accept the challenge to watch all episodes back-to-back-to-back when FXX launches its 12-day marathon in August.
Speaking at a presentation on Wednesday, CEO of FX Networks Jon Landgraf said it would be the "longest continuous marathon in the history of television." The channel plans to launch its non-stop play of the 25-year-old cartoon on August 21 with its conclusion on Labor Day, Sep. 1.
The marathon follows from FXX obtaining syndication rights for episode reruns last year for an estimated $500 million, according to Rolling Stone.The deal also includes access to The Simpsons archive, material and clips from which will be included in an FX-produced app. Rights to The Simpsons are held by Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox (FOXA). Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV