NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Loral Space & Communications (LORL) shares are up 5.0% to $73.58.
The move higher follows a Bloomberg report that the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan is the front-runner to acquire the satellite communications company for $7 billion including debt.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
The sale could be completed for over $80 per share according to Bloomberg's source.
The potential deal would be completed in two phases, with the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan purchasing Loral -- which owns 63% of the company -- then acquiring the rest of the company from Canada's Public Sector Pension Investment Board, which co-owns the company.
The source said that the deal could be completed in late April or early March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV