5 Big Trades to Survive a Roller Coaster Market
BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Keep your hands and feet in the car at all times. It's pretty clear we're roller coaster market right now -- and it's picking up speed.
No, that doesn't mean that stock market volatility is running rampant in April. In fact, most volatility measures remain at historically low levels as I write. The real violent swings aren't showing in the price action -- they're showing up in investor sentiment and anxiety. From one week to the next, sentiment data indicate that investors are changing their stance on stocks. And that's precisely when you need to watch out.A big part of that investor paranoia comes from the fact that, within the last month, the momentum names that had been working the best for investors in 2013 suddenly got unloaded en masse. Even though it may feel like that was an abrupt change in market leadership, it wasn't. The technical picture continues to provide early warnings for which stocks to shed -- and which to buy with both hands. And right now, the buy signals are flashing in some of Wall Street's biggest names. To take advantage of them, we're turning to the charts. >>4 Big Stocks on Traders' Radars If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Rocket Stocks Ready for Blastoff Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV