Royal Bank Of Scotland Group (The) PLC Stock Downgraded (RBS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 248.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4,079.45 million to -$14,234.11 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP reported poor results of -$2.68 versus -$1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($84.29 versus -$2.68).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RBS's share price has jumped by 25.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in RBS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.