BETHESDA, Md., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- President Obama's 2013 President's Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA) will be presented to more than 2,900 outstanding Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) employees during National Volunteer Week, April 6-12, 2014, and throughout the month of April. The PVSA program is a way to thank and honor Americans who, by their demonstrated commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service and civic participation.
To qualify for a PVSA, individuals must participate in 100 or more hours of volunteer service over the course of a 12-month period. Throughout 2013, Lockheed Martin PVSA award recipients logged a combined total of almost 800,000 hours in service to others. Employees based in Bethesda, Md. will be presented with their PVSA by Lockheed Martin Chairman, President and CEO Marillyn Hewson during an award ceremony at the company's Center for Leadership Excellence.
In 2013, Lockheed Martin employees across the United States have logged nearly one million volunteer hours, and have logged over 11.5 million hours over the last decade. By supporting Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education, military and veteran organizations, local community and youth activities, or nonprofit running or cycling events, employees are making a difference for countless organizations and the people they serve.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 115,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion.For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com Follow us on Twitter @LockheedMartin Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140402/PH96591LOGO SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV