NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With all three indices pressing lower on Friday morning, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, pointed out the strength in shares of Microsoft (MSFT) on CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment.
Cramer said these stocks continue to hold up well as fund managers and investors continue to rotate into them, and out of the "high-flying" momentum stocks.
He added that until the "old technology" stocks stop moving higher, selling in momentum stocks will continue. So far this "reversion" has not yet occurred.However, Cramer warned, "there's going to be a stand made here today" and the momentum stocks could finally start to find some support.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV