New Lifetime High For Cheniere Energy (LNG)
- LNG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $274.6 million.
- LNG has traded 482,902 shares today.
- LNG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LNG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LNG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LNG: Cheniere Energy, Inc., an energy company, is engaged in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) related business. It operates through two segments, LNG Terminal Business, and LNG and Natural Gas Marketing Business. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Cheniere Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cheniere Energy has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cheniere Energy has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 4.98 and a short float of 6.6% with 3.15 days to cover. Shares are up 32.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cheniere Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LNG's share price has jumped by 118.19%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CHENIERE ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.64%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -203.59% is in-line with the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$94.32 million to -$135.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$30.13 million or 953.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts