SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), today announced it has completed its acquisition of Cyvera Ltd., a privately held cybersecurity company located in Tel-Aviv, Israel. Originally announced on March 24, 2014, Palo Alto Networks acquired Cyvera for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $200 million.
Named a cool vendor in security by Gartner in 2013 ("Cool Vendors in Security: Infrastructure Protection 2013")*, Cyvera, which has 55 employees, has developed a highly innovative offering that protects enterprises from cyber threats by using a unique approach to block unknown, zero-day attacks on the endpoint. The company was backed by Battery Ventures and Blumberg Capital, in addition to other angel investors.
The addition of this unique capability to the Palo Alto Networks enterprise security platform will extend customers' ability to safely enable applications and protect users against known and unknown cyber threats on any device, across any network.
- "We are pleased to mark the closure of the Cyvera acquisition and welcome the team to the company. Their expertise and technologies are instrumental in continuing our mission to deliver the most innovative next-generation enterprise security platform designed to not just detect, but to prevent cyber threats before they penetrate an organization." - Lee Klarich, senior vice president of Product Management at Palo Alto Networks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV