Today marks a pivotal moment in the expansion of the Nike+ ecosystem with the launch of Nike+ Fuel Lab in San Francisco. The Nike+ Fuel Lab opening asserts the company's place at the center of the evolving digital landscape for athletes worldwide.
Nike+ Fuel Lab (Photo: Business Wire)
The Nike+ Fuel Lab builds on the work done through the 2013 Nike+ Accelerator program and continues to drive the power of Nike's digital services for athletes by establishing NikeFuel as the universal way to measure and motivate for any kind of movement. New NikeFuel partnerships, built through the Nike+ Fuel Lab, will bring tremendous added value to the Nike+ community, currently at 28 million people worldwide and growing.
“We are excited about evolving NikeFuel to deliver richer experiences that make it easier for all athletes to reach their potential,” said Stefan Olander, Nike’s Vice President of Digital Sport. “The demand for simpler data-powered experiences is soaring, and all-day sensing is more available on mobile and wearable devices than ever before. Nike is committed to broadening the use of NikeFuel through collaborations with industry leaders to create smarter products and services.”
Through the Nike+ Fuel Lab, Nike aims to expand its NikeFuel platform with industry-leading companies including MyFitnessPal, RunKeeper and Strava. By integrating NikeFuel into these companies’ products, over 100 million potential new athletes will be able to use NikeFuel to measure, motivate and improve. These partnerships will give athletes a common universal currency to monitor and evaluate their many forms of activity.Nike’s history of developing strong partnerships includes working with Apple to develop products since 2006, when the two companies introduced Nike+ Running. Nike has since created Apps for iOS including Nike+ FuelBand, Nike+ Training Club and Nike+ Move which launched in Fall 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV