Elderly People Who Live In The Tang Qiao Community Of The Pudong New District Of Shanghai Receive Home-based Health Care Thanks To Project Hope, A Recipient Of A Grant From The Baxter International Foundation. (Photo: Business Wire)
Baxter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX) announced educational collaborations with local institutions to prepare the current and future workforce for careers, and was recently recognized for safety performance. The company and its philanthropic arm, The Baxter International Foundation, also announced their 2013 charitable giving.
Elderly people who live in the Tang Qiao Community of the Pudong new district of Shanghai receive home-based health care thanks to Project Hope, a recipient of a grant from The Baxter International Foundation. (Photo: Business Wire)
Addressing Critical Needs Globally
Baxter and its philanthropic arm, The Baxter International Foundation, make financial and in-kind donations to address critical community needs globally, including increasing access to healthcare, improving education and helping developing nations and countries in crisis. In 2013, combined giving from Baxter and its Foundation totaled more than $64 million, composed of:
• More than $34 million from donations of Baxter products through donor partners and the company's U.S. patient assistance programs. Product donations helped 81 countries in need, including proactive donations for Typhoon Haiyan relief in the Philippines. Pre-positioning product helps Baxter ensure its critical products are first on the scene following disasters and tragedies, and that the company is contributing the most needed products to stabilize supply in developing economies and meeting ongoing needs in underserved communities.• More than $27 million from Baxter's businesses and facilities to address critical local needs in more than 42 countries. • Nearly $3 million from The Baxter International Foundation, including grants to increase access to healthcare worldwide, prize programs that recognize excellence in community service and healthcare research, a scholarship program that contributes to the education of Baxter employees' children, and support of employees' philanthropic efforts through the Foundation's Dollars for Doers and Matching Gifts programs. A full listing of The Baxter International Foundation grants awarded in 2013 is available at www.baxter.com/grants. Educational Partnerships Build Life and Job Skills Baxter’s manufacturing facility in Marion, N.C., is one of several businesses partnering with McDowell Technical Community College, Region C Workforce Development Board, and the McDowell County NC Works Office as part of their new Workforce Pipeline Committee to identify education and skill gaps and develop solutions such as apprenticeships and training to prepare the current and future workforce for local jobs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts