HOUSTON, April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announces its first programmable microcontroller (MCU) solution to handle resolver-to-digital decoding: The C2000™ MCU Resolver Kit. Because the resolver is an analog, rotary electrical transformer, it has historically required an application-specific circuit — which can be costly and space consuming – to convert to digital signals for use by a digital processor in a control system. However, TI's new C2000 MCU Resolver Kit shows designers how to implement the digital conversion using software on programmable C2000 MCUs, saving system cost and space in a variety of industrial applications, including robotics, servo drives, automation, avionics and transportation.
Features and benefits of the C2000 MCU Resolver Kit:
- Replaces expensive, dedicated resolver-to-digital chipsets with low-cost MCUs to simplify and reduce cost in systems.
- Extends functionality by allowing an MCU to handle resolver-to-digital decoding, as well as other software programmable real-time functions, such as additional analog-to-digital converter (ADC) sampling and processing, encoder and hall interfaces, digital signal processing (DSP) front-end, state logic, tasks to assist with functional safety and full control loops.
- Provides complete hardware and consists of a C2000 controlCARD-compatible printed circuit board (PCB) with on-board JTAG emulation for software debug, a resolver interface with filtering, UART and SPI interfaces, four digital-to-analog converter (DAC) outputs for debug and a 15V power supply.
- Includes software and hardware development packages:
- Supports four software project variants running on three different C2000 controlCARDs (all purchased separately): TMDSCNCD28335 (floating-point), TMDSCNCD28035 (fixed-point) or parallel control law accelerator (CLA) and TMDSCNCD28027 (fixed-point).
Pricing and availabilityThe C2000 MCU Resolver Kit ( TMDSRSLVR) is available today for $179 USD. C2000 controlCARDs are available separately starting at $49. The controlSUITE software and documentation are available for download. The C2000 MCUs capable of running the resolver software are available starting from $1.85 USD 1ku SRP ( TMS320F280200).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts