Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) today announced the launch of four research centers created to support the university’s mission to provide students with a research-informed educational experience.
The launch of each center follows a successful period of strategic planning and the recruitment of internationally recognized experts to lead the centers. Under the leadership of Dr. Elaine D. Watson, dean of RUSVM, the university’s faculty and administration have refined RUSVM’s research vision.
“RUSVM is positioned to play an important role in the challenges facing veterinarians in the mid-21 st century: food security and emerging infectious diseases,” said Watson. “These new centers are a critical component of our mission to educate the next generation of veterinarians, while improving the health of people, animals and the environment in the Caribbean region and beyond.”
Watson added that RUSVM, with its campus located in St. Kitts, West Indies, is in an environment rich in research opportunities. “Tropical countries are particularly vulnerable to emerging and re-emerging infectious agents due to climatic and environmental changes, increased international travel, drug resistance, and geographic position,” she said.See below for an overview of the research centers and directors:
- The One Health Center for Zoonoses and Tropical Veterinary Medicine explores a variety of research methods, from the laboratory to the field, to investigate issues concerning emerging infectious diseases; viral diseases; bacterial, parasitic and neglected endemic zoonotic diseases; and vector-borne diseases.
- The Center for Integrative Mammalian Research focuses on understanding the pathogenesis of diseases and the effects of therapies. Research programs through the center include anesthetics and pain management, animal models, immune regulation and reproduction.
- The Center for Conservation Medicine and Ecosystem Health focuses upon applied research, renewed advocacy, educational outreach and training, and evidence translation towards best practices and policy change as a fundamental basis for surveying and managing the health of populations, communities, and ecosystems.
- The Center for Research and Innovation in Veterinary and Medical Education promotes scholarly activity that encourages creativity and innovation in teaching and learning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV