- NAB Technology Innovation Award defines Ericsson's industry leading position in Ultra High Definition TV (UHDTV)
- Ericsson is the only vendor to offer service providers a complete solution to enable the acquisition, exchange and distribution of 'true' 4K UHDTV video
- NAB recognition builds on over two decades of pioneering and award-winning video compression
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has been awarded one of the television industry's highest honors, the NAB Technology Innovation Award, for its pioneering work in Ultra High Definition TV (UHDTV) 4K. The award was formally presented to the company at a gala ceremony on April 9, 2014, in the Paradise North Ballroom, Las Vegas Hotel by NAB President and CEO, Gordon Smith.
Ericsson has been a leading light in the development of 'true' 4K UHDTV and has been responsible for a number of high profile 4K UHDTV landmarks over the past two years, undertaking over twenty five live trials with major industry partners, such as BT Sports, Korea Telecom Skylife, Intelsat, Measat, and Sky Sports. Through its annual ConsumerLab research, Ericsson recognized that consumers increasingly expect and demand the highest quality services, which provide truly immersive viewing experiences. Ericsson's 4K UHDTV content exchange solution was specifically developed to enable the transition of the living room experience towards cinematic quality and to transform the way consumers watch content.
Gordon Smith, President and CEO of NAB said: "This prestigious NAB Innovation Award marks the importance of UHDTV and shows TV service providers that now is the time to start building the necessary ecosystems and libraries of compelling UHDTV content. Ericsson has been instrumental in pushing forward this next evolutionary step in television broadcasting quality. Its technology and expertise has played an integral role in enabling trials across the globe such as the world's first live full multi-camera 4K UHDTV sports production and delivery."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV