SEATTLE, April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines' 2,500 clerical, office and passenger service employees, who are represented by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, have ratified a new five-year contract. The contract was approved by 62 percent of those who voted.
"Ratification of this contract demonstrates the great strength and commitment our COPS employees have for our customers and our company. It further shows our frontline employees' dedication to maintaining Alaska's position as an industry leader in customer service," said Jeff Butler, vice president of airport operations and customer service.
The contract includes pay raises and job security provisions, among other improvements.
"I'd like to thank IAM members for their support and solidarity through this latest round of negotiations at Alaska Airlines," IAM District 142 President Tom Higginbotham said. "This is a contract that IAM members and our negotiating committee can be proud of."The previous three-year contract became amendable on Jan. 1 and a tentative agreement was reached on Feb. 3. Contracts in the airline industry do not expire. Once they become amendable, the current contract remains in effect until a new agreement is ratified. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves nearly 100 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV