After the bell, shares had taken off 6.7% to $30.30.
The glass fixtures designer reported fourth-quarter net income of 27 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast 29 cents a share.
However, revenue climbed 19.3% year on year to $214.41 million, beating expectations by $5.2 million.For the fiscal year ending February 2015, management guides for revenue growth between 15% and 20% and earnings of $1.35 to $1.50 a share. Analysts had anticipated net income of $1.55 a share. Revenue was in line with consensus. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC (APOG) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: APOG Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV