AGCO (NYSE: AGCO), a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment, demonstrated its hometown support at the City of Duluth’s Gateway Art Project ceremony.
Today’s unveiling of “Ascension” by local artist Michael Dillon, was located in the middle of the roundabout on McClure Bridge Road. The piece symbolizes the humble beginnings of the city and captures the spirit of progress and a hopeful future, mirroring well AGCO’s transformation in the agriculture industry. The City of Duluth hopes to commission additional public art pieces to continue to enhance Duluth and its surrounding areas. AGCO, whose global headquarters is located in Duluth, GA, is a sponsor of this initial art piece.
“AGCO is honored to be a part of such a significant community project,” said Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, AGCO. “It is important that we are good corporate citizens, and that we support and invest in the community and the surrounding areas in which we operate our business.”
Mayor Nancy Harris stated, “the partnership with AGCO and the City of Duluth is an example of an involved business stepping up to support the community. We appreciate the fact that AGCO understands the importance of providing citizens with public art that not only enhances the aesthetic value of Duluth, but becomes a lasting statement that AGCO is a business that supports economic vitality in our community.”AGCO is an active member in the metro-Atlanta area community with sponsorships including Piedmont Park in Atlanta, the annual Duluth Fall Festival, Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center and the support of Gwinnett Tech’s Legacy of Lives Campaign to expand the college’s Bioscience Technology program. In 2012, AGCO donated 29 percent of their charitable giving to community investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV