KNOXVILLE, Tenn., April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TeamHealth, one of the nation's largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals, has named its 2014 Medical Directors of the Year for its Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Anesthesia and Specialty Hospitalist service lines. Selected by TeamHealth's operating presidents, 16 individuals were recognized for excellence in physician leadership.
"We are very proud to announce our 2014 Medical Directors of the Year," said Gar LaSalle, MD, FACEP, national chief medical officer for TeamHealth. "These outstanding physicians provide medical and business leadership for our hospital clients and the patients and families we serve, and they personify our organization's mission to provide quality, efficiency and exceptional patient care."
The 2014 Emergency Medicine medical director honorees are:
- Douglas Batesky , MD, Aurora Lakeland Medical Center in Elkhorn, Wis.
- Eric Fulcher, MD, Saints Mary and Elizabeth Hospitals in Louisville, Ky.
- Eric Guerrant, MD, Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville, Ky.
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Hull, MD, Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Jin Kim, MD, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital in Sugar Land, Texas
- Matthew Krauthamer, DO, Special Operations based in Mendham, N.J.
- David Levine, MD, Lakewood Hospital in Lakewood, Ohio
- Raquel Martin, DO, medical director at Kenmore Mercy Hospital in Kenmore, NY.
- John Matheson, MD, Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland, Wash.
- Richard Paley, MD, Saint Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- William Pullen, Jr., MD, Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, Ga.
- Mark Sexton, MD, Maryvale Hospital in Phoenix, Ariz.
The 2014 Hospital Medicine medical director honoree is:
- Barbara Michael, MD, St. Francis Hospital, Charleston, W.Va.
- Jacqueline Hyland, MD, Saint Francis Health Center in Topeka, Kan.
- Jonathan Wurl, MD, Redmond Regional Medical Center in Rome, Ga.
- Jim K. Hudson III, MD, Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.