3 Stocks Pulling The Retail Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, TJX Companies ( TJX) is down $0.48 (-0.8%) to $59.97 on average volume. Thus far, 1.8 million shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.32-$60.52 after having opened the day at $60.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.45. The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. TJX Companies has a market cap of $42.1 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full TJX Companies Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts