Best 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: NNN, UBSI, BGS
United Bankshares (NASDAQ: UBSI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. United Bankshares, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides commercial and retail banking services and products in the United States. Its deposit products include checking, savings, time, and money market accounts; and demand deposits, statement and special savings, and NOW accounts. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.24. The average volume for United Bankshares has been 408,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. United Bankshares has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates United Bankshares as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for UNITED BANKSHARES INC/WV is currently very high, coming in at 85.73%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.92% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- UNITED BANKSHARES INC/WV's earnings per share declined by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED BANKSHARES INC/WV increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.87 versus $1.70).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $35.45 million or 11.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full United Bankshares Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts